Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Greed caused Confusion



"This counter has gone up way too fast, too high. I'm feeling quite uncomfortable.
I feel greed on one hand, i feel confused on the other.
I'm totally is in the dark right now on what to do!!!"

I got this message from Lowyat forum, someone is holding 150 lots Gpacket ABP RM0.68 with 50 lots Gpacket-WA RM0.25. The mother share and warrant price shot up to RM1.26 and RM0.945 respectively in the past two weeks. The profit would be RM87K from mother share and RM35K from warrants with total profit RM122K.

I can understand the feeling because I also having this share at ABP RM0.74 and I have sold off half of it so far. The feeling that I'm struggling with maybe in lower extent but it is still significant and affecting you to think properly to make a right decision.

For instance, I didn't subscribe the warrant offers and sold it at RM0.25 but now it has shot up to RM0.945. In this case, I didn't make any lost but profited RM0.25 per share for free. But mentally you somehow still feel disturbed because you thought that you have lost RM0.7 by not taking the warrant offers.

So now what would you do with the share that you still holding? For sure, you don't want to make a same mistake to sell it too early this time on the other hand you get a bit uncomfortable with the high speculation price. But it seems will continue to go up to higher price.

Follow up:
05 Nov - GPACKET RM1.49. I decided to hold till it drop again because at this point already 100% profit. I just want to be part of this roller coaster ride to understand more about investment physcology emotions. Now I'm feeling like flying to heaven and money keep coming in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment